On Monday, December 1 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Pacific, our colleague Alka Ramchandani will be a featured speaker in a webinar hosted by California Employer Resources.
Ms. Ramchandani will identify the potential risks and liability associated with retaining temporary workers in California. She will provide strategies on how to minimize risk and liability when hiring temporary workers by ensuring all contractual agreements, expectations, and performance requirements are in place.
As California companies hire more temporary workers to deal with economic, staffing, and business challenges, more employers are at risk for noncompliance with state and federal safety regulations regarding temporary workers. Although temporary contractor agencies in California are, in theory, responsible for the workers’ safety, your company as the host could be found responsible and held liable for work-related injuries and illnesses of temporary workers.
During this webinar, you will learn:
- Who is considered a “temporary employee” under the law;
- To what extent you are responsible for temporary worker safety;
- Which duties put temporary worker safety at greatest risk;
- How California workplaces are affected by Fed/OSHA’s temporary workers’ initiative;
- Strategies to comply with your Cal/OSHA requirements regarding temporary workers; and
- Recommended practices for reducing risk and liability, and more!
Take this opportunity to learn how to keep your temporary workers safe on the job and reduce your risk of noncompliance and costly Cal/OSHA or Fed/OSHA citations.
Click here to learn more and to register.