On September 18, 2013, our hospitality practice attorneys, Kara Maciel and Mark Trapp, have the pleasure of speaking at the Lodging Conference in Scottsdale, Arizona on key financial and legal issues under the Americans with Disabilities Act impacting hotel owners and managers when acquiring, selling, developing or managing properties.
Under the 2010 ADA Standards, which became effective in March of 2012, hotels must take steps to remove access barriers for individuals with disabilities. The new federal standards encompass some key changes for hotel owners, operators and developers. Our Round Table discussion will focus on hot-button issues facing the hotel industry, including:
· Why Owners and Managers Should Care about ADA Compliance when Purchasing / Selling / Developing / Managing a Property
· Key Financial Issues In Acquiring / Selling Properties
· Key Financial Issues in Developing New Construction / Renovating Older Properties
· Key Financial and Operational Issues in Management Agreements
· Best Practices for Compliance under the ADA for Lodging Facilities
Attendees will leave the workshop better equipped to address the critical operational issues affecting their deals and profit margins, including:
· How to conduct Due Diligence to minimize financial exposure and legal risks
· How to negotiate and maximize your financial investment in a Purchase Sale Agreement
· What issues are important in a Management Agreement
· How to draft and implement employment and related policies to minimize the risk of ADA lawsuits
For more information about this important topic impacting the lodging industry, contact Kara or Mark.