It seems likely that the struggling economy will continue to be a primary driver of labor and employment law issues in 2012, particularly in the financial services industry. While there are many important legal issues that will arise in this environment, employers in the financial sector should consider five issues as potential hot button topics for the coming year:
- Continuing, but targeted, reductions-in-force
- Independent contractor misclassification
- Overtime exemption misclassification
- Revolving door restrictions on hiring government employees
- Restrictions on the use of credit reports in hiring
To read more, click here.