Our colleagues Kara M. Maciel and Jordan B. Schwartz will be joined by special guest, David Sherwyn of Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration in hosting a roundtable and webinar on May 29 (1:00 p.m. ET). This interactive simulcast event will discuss strategies and tactics that employers can implement to stay ahead of the curve and ensure compliance with many of the most pressing wage and hour issues plaguing the hospitality industry.
Topics will include:
- Using the tip credit to your advantage: tip credit, tip pooling, and service charges
- Creating valid tip pooling arrangement and the impact of Woody Woo
- Understanding the IRS’s rule enforcement of automatic gratuities as service charges
- Debating the pros and cons of eliminating tips and increasing hourly pay
- The subtleties of recent tip cases and settlements
For additional information, please contact Kiirsten Lederer at (212) 351-4668 or email@example.com.